An undergraduate degree is a worthwhile investment that can assist you in fulfilling your lifelong educational and career goals. So go ahead and apply for the Albukhary International Scholarship in the UK.
Funded by the University of York, the program is open for those international students who want to study the undergraduate degree coursework at the university in session 2020-2021. Up to five scholarships are available for students.
The University of York offers several informative talks and hands-on activities in schools and colleges across the region. It is ranked 14th overall and 10th for the impact of our research in the Times Higher Education’s ranking.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- To be eligible for this studentship, the applicant must be from the described country.
- Candidate must also hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a full-time three-year undergraduate course at York.
The scholarship is open for studying the undergraduate degree program in all subjects offered by the university.
Benefits of the Program
The scholarship amounts available vary based on the individual financial need of the student.
- One award of £75,000 over three years
- Four scholarships of £31,250 to help cover living costs and expenses, plus you will pay no tuition fees to the University for the duration of your three-year degree.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
If you are interested in applying to this studentship, then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the University of York. After enrolling, aspirants can apply for the studentship.
- If you are going to apply for the entrance at York, then you are needed to check the specific grade and subject requirements of the course you are considering.
- Additional requirements such as work experience or submission of written work
You must apply online. As part of the application, you will need to provide:
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship
- Information on your current financial situation, including your household income.
English Language Requirements
All international candidates are suggested to provide evidence of English Language Requirements. You need to show enough fluency in written and spoken English to the required level of the course you’re applying to.
Application Deadline: Thursday 30 April 2020, 11.59 pm