Aspirants desiring to study abroad in the UK will be happy to know that the Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions are awarding 50 Saltire Scholarships for overseas students.
The awards are available to pursue one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of higher education institutions of Scotland. The studentship is open for the academic year 2020-2021.
The Scottish Government
The Government of Scotland is a developed government for Scotland and has many responsibilities including economy, education, health, justice, rural affairs, housing, environment, equal opportunities, consumer advocacy and advice, transport and taxation.
- Applicants must have received an offer letter from one of the recognized Scottish universities.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the enlisted countries.
- Applicants also must have completed bachelor degree programs outside of Scotland.
- Applicant must not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they can meet the cost of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Scholarships are available to citizens Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and the USA.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The scholarship is available to pursue a postgraduate masters program in the following fields of studies that cover a wide range of subjects at all universities and higher education institutions in Scotland.
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Benefits of the Program
The scholarship is offering up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters program at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Also Read: Best Universities in Scotland, UK
English Language Requirement
Applicants need to meet the language requirements of the course. If English isn’t your first language, then you will need to demonstrate your English language level through a recognized qualification.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicant must have received a conditional or unconditional offer letter from one of the recognized Scottish universities on an eligible course before the application can be considered. Applicants need to take admission at one of the Scottish university.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
Aspirants who want to take entrance in this educational program, then you are demanded to fill the online application form.
There is no need to submit any supporting documents for this application.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The applicant needs to show aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a leadership position in your chosen career.
- Need to show willingness and necessary interpersonal and communication skills to participate in the program of activities that accompany the scholarship.
If you are an international student, then it is likely that you will need a students visa to study in Scotland. The given link has information on immigration arrangements for overseas students. This information can be found here.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 1 June 2020, at midnight GMT
Contact Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Question-What level of study are the scholarships available for?
Answer– Scholarships are available for one year of a postgraduate Masters course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Question-What subjects can I study?
Answer– Students can study on the given course program such as Science, Technology, Creative industries, Healthcare & medical, and Renewable and clean energy.