The University of Sheffield is delighted to offer 50 International Undergraduate Merit Tuition Fee Scholarships in the UK. The scholarships are available for new international (non-EU) students for the academic year 2020-2021.
The fund is established for studying the undergraduate degree coursework at the University. The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee.
University of Sheffield
As a public research university, the University of Sheffield is one of the original red brick universities. It is world-leading for influential research and has an outstanding reputation amongst academics and employers. It is ranked second in the world for Library and Information Management in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must hold an offer to study at the University of Sheffield before you apply for this scholarship.
- Your programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2020.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield.
- For tuition fee purposes, you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year one or year 2.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the undergraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Communications & Media Studies
Benefits of the Programs
The studentships will be awarded as follow:
- The scholarship will provide 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree programme.
- The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2020 is limited to one award per person.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you are interested in this studentship, then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the University of Sheffield. After taking full-time enrollment at the University, seekers can apply for the scholarship.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- For an undergraduate degree, you are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- The University welcomes applications from students studying a range of UK, European and international qualifications at Level 3 or above that offer suitable preparation for study at the University.
- The University requires all applicants to be capable of undertaking a period of high-level study leading to a degree qualification.
- All applicants are required to have an internationally recognised English language qualification such as IELTS or equivalent.
If you are an international student, then you will need a student visa for studying in the UK. You can apply for the Tier 4 visa outside of the UK. For this, you will need to make your application from the Country in which you usually live. The International Student Support Team of the University will help you with all your Tier 4 visa and general immigration needs.
Scholarship application deadline: May 4, 2020, 13:00 (UK time)
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or +44 (0)114 222 3752
Frequently Asked Question
Question- When will the result announce?
Answer- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday, May 22 2020.
Question- What level of study are the scholarships available for?
Answer- Scholarships are available for an undergraduate course.