Are you a talented writer who is looking for a chance to show your ability? Then do not miss this extraordinary 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize competition which would be helpful for the poetry writers. The award is open to international candidates who can publish the best short fiction written in English.
It is a great event designed to appreciate ones expertise in story writing which is also offering enormous opportunities for newer writers who want to become published authors. Through this program, less-experienced writers can gain more knowledge from the competition.
To secure place for competition, look at the eligibility criteria below:
- The candidates from a citizen of commonwealth countries or recently residing in commonwealth countries can apply for the prize.
- Those entrants will be considered for prize who is 18 years of age or over 18 and previous overall winners of this competition are not allowed to participate for the prize but the previous regional winner will be accepted for competition.
- One writer can submit only one story which will be written with a minimum of 2,000 words and maximum 5, 000 words. The translated story can also be considered for the competition.
- The prize is only applicable for candidates who come from the commonwealth region which includes Africa, the Pacific, Canada, and Europe, the Caribbean and Asia.
- Only one candidate from each region will be selected as the winner and the judging panel will comprise of judges from each region.
- Try to send a story written in English, if the story found translated you need to share prize money to the translator.
- Interested candidates can enroll through online application form till November 1, 2019.
- All your details and translator details must be included in the application form, which should not be provided on the uploaded document.
- All the applicants will be taken according to the discretion of the commonwealth foundation.
- The award will be given to unprinted short fiction which is divided into two: regional winner and overall winner.
- The regional winner will get £2,500 and the overall winner will get £5,000.
Application Deadline: All candidates are required to submit application form until November 1, 2019.